These days, having a front yard is a luxury, so it is important that you make your yard look beautiful. Not only is this important for the sake of keeping your home looking beautiful, but you also don’t want your home to be that one house on the block that stands out and looks unkempt. When it comes down to it, landscaping is easy if you put your mind to it and learn how to care for the plants. All you have to focus on is keeping the lawn looking green. Other than that, it is pretty much smooth sailing. Here are five front yard landscaping tips for newbies.
- Choose hardy grass that is suitable for your climate. Choosing the right grass is your first step in making sure your front yard stays looking great. When it comes to the climate, you will need to choose a type of grass that can stand up to the challenges of certain weather conditions. For instance, if it gets hot and dry, you may want to choose a desert grass. Ideally, you want to stay away from choosing purely based on the look of the grass – you will undoubtedly end up with brown spots.
- Don’t include too many accouterments in your front yard. Your front yard – being that it is on the street – is susceptible to theft and vandalism, so you don’t want to have too many sculptures or water features. If you want to make your lawn stand out with accouterments, you can add large rocks or boulders. Sometimes, large volcanic rocks can look really beautiful. They are too heavy to be stolen and it will be hard to vandalize something that is so sturdy. Make sure, though, that you keep these accouterments to a minimum.
- Add someplace to sit and spend time. You can still make your front lawn a space to spend time, but you don’t want to make these items too portable. Again, theft is an issue when you are working on your front yard. So, you want to have something large enough or not worth stealing. For instance, a hammock is small enough to not get too much notice. Also, large iron chairs and tables work too – depending on the size of your front yard, of course.
- Consult with a landscape specialist. If you want some landscape design tips, you may want to consult with a specialist, like MorGreen Landscape and Nursery. Ideally, you want to go by the books if you are a newbie and by speaking with a nursery specialist, you will not only get the right plants – you will also get some valuable design ideas. Depending on the shape and size of your front lawn, there is a good chance that you will need a little direction before you get started.
- Add a burst of color. Choosing flowers should be done so on a color basis. Adding color to your front yard is important, because it will make your outdoor space really stand out. In the end, all you need to do is choose one or two flower varieties – consistency is important when it comes to beautiful landscaping.