There’s no secret magic in making your windows look crystal clear – without streaks. The key is to make sure that you clean your windows properly. The truth is that professional window washers don’t use fancy tools or cleansers – a lot of tools that they use can be found at your local supermarket, or even underneath your sink. When it comes down to it, it is the variety of tools that you use that will give your windows that professional look and feel. Moreover, the quality of the finished product will also depend on how well you dry your windows. Here is how to clean windows in your home like a pro.
- Use a specialized window cleaner. You can’t simply use any cleanser to give your windows a beautiful and clear look. You must use a specialized window cleaner. Other cleansers have too many other ingredients that can cause streaking and staining. Specialized window cleaners use a formula that is intended to make glass crystal clear.
- Use a strip mop to scrub the suds and water. After you create your soapy solution, you want to use a strip mop to actually wash and scrub the window. Using a rag can often cause your windows to look too messy afterward. Also, a sponge won’t give you the kind of coverage you need. A strip mop will be able to cover a large area of your windows and it will get rid of dirt more efficiently – mainly because you’ll have more control over the cleaning process. Not only that, but a strip mop will absorb more soap and water.
- Use a broom to clean your gutters. Before you clean your windows, you may also want to clean out your gutters. There is a good chance that your gutters have a lot of dirt and grime in them. When it rains, all that dirt and grime can wind up getting all over your windows. Ideally, you want to use a broom to get rid of all the debris. You can also use a high-powered hose to get any debris out of the nooks and crannies. Any professional window cleaning company, like Metroplex Window and Gutter Cleaning, will be able to tell you how important it is to clean your gutters.
- Use a squeegee. A squeegee will come in handy – mostly because it will allow you to take off a lot of excess water without scratching the window glass or causing streaks. Before you dry your windows, you want to use the squeegee to get rid of as much water as possible. Before you move on to a new window, you want to shake off the squeegee to ensure that there is no excess water.
- Use newspaper to dry your windows. Many people don’t realize that newspaper can be a magical tool when cleaning your windows. A balled up newspaper will be able to take off any excess dirt and it will be able to get rid of any streaks left behind. Basically, if you want your windows to be crystal clear, it may be smart to bring out a few of those newspapers – they will make your windows look professionally washed.